Who is going to win this Super Bowl? Are you hosting this years Super bowl party? This is such an easy recipe to do when you are entertaining guests or out & about running around getting stuff done!
1 lb of Ground Turkey
1 small onion chopped
2 cloves of garlic chopped
1 can of Chiili style beans in sauce
1 can of diced tomatoes undrained
1/2 tsp of ground pepper
1 1/2 tsp of cumin
2 Tbsp of chill powder
2-3 fresh tomatoes chopped in chunks
Get your medium size crockpot ready.
1. In a non-stick skillet, cook the ground turkey to fully cooked. Once cooked set aside in a bowl.
2. Chop fresh tomatoes into chunks and chop onion & garlic cloves. Add to crockpot.
3. Now add the beans & diced canned tomatoes with their sauce. Mix well together.
4. Add the cooked ground turkey to the crockpot & all remaining spices (chill powder, ground pepper & cumin). Mix together.
5. Cook on low heat for 6 hours.
6. Serve with brown rice or whole wheat, whole grain buns & Enjoy!
This is one of my favourite Chili recipes from a visit to Cincinnati. A sales rep I was chatting with told me how, in Ohio, they put cinnamon in their Chili and they serve it a different way. I had to check out what all the hype was about! Cincinnati is known as the "Chili capital of USA!"
JCJ's Fav Chili
1 Qt. water
2 lbs. of Lean Ground Beef
1 Tbsp of Salt
1 Tsp of Cinnamon
1 tsp Black pepper
2 chopped onions
1/2 tsp of chili pepper
3 whole bay leaves
1 1/2 tsp ground allspice
1 small can of tomato paste
1 1/2 tsp cider vinegar
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
1 garlic clove
1 tsp ground cumin
1. Add ground beef to water. Add all other ingredients and bring to boil.
2. Simmer for 3-4 hours.
3. Remove garlic and bay leaves.
Here is the unique ways they serve it up in Cincinatti!!
Cincinnati 2 way: Spaghetti topped with chili.
3-way: Spaghetti topped w/ chili & grated cheese.
4-way: Spaghetti topped w/ chili, grated cheese & chopped fresh onions. The Best!
5-way: Same as a 4-way but add kidney beans to the chili (for those who love their beans).
I love this recipe because it is so easy to make. You can pair it with spaghetti squash, pasta, breads to dip, or even rice! It makes quite a bit, so you can freeze the rest and save for a cold day!
JCJ Approved Easy Peasy Meat Sauce
1 lb lean ground beef
1/4 onion, chopped
15 cherry tomatoes, sliced in 1/2
3-4 small mushrooms, sliced
1 jar of your favourite spaghetti sauce (low in sugar & sodium would be best)
1. Halve cherry tomatoes, chop onion, and slice mushrooms. Set all aside for later.
2. Preheat pot on stove to medium high heat. Transfer ground beef into pot and cook until meat is well done and brown in colour. Drain any excess fat from the pot after browning.
3. Add spaghetti sauce to the meat. Stir until mixed thoroughly. Add tomatoes, onions, and mushrooms to the meat mix. Stir all until thoroughly mixed.
4. Change heat to low and cover pot with lid. Let meat sauce simmer for 25 minutes. Enjoy!