A close girlfriend of mine got me hooked on protein pancakes last summer. Her enthusiasm and goal settings on weight loss inspired me to create a recipe that would be good at breakfast, lunch and dinner! This recipe is so simple and tasty with berries and Canadian Maple Syrup!
JCJ's Protein Pancakes
1 cup of GarFava Bean Flour
1 scoop of Whey Vanilla Flavored Protein Powder
1/4 cup egg whites
1 cup OJ
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1 tsp of Baking soda
1/2 cup of Blueberries
1/3 cup of favourite granola
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl until mixed thoroughly.
2. Preheat flat pan to medium high heat.Lightly spray pan with canola oil.
3. Portion out mixture with a 1/3 cup and transfer to heated pan. Make pancakes about 3" in diameter.
4. Cook one side until it can be easily flipped to cook other side. Flip pancake to other side and cook until lightly brown and firm.
5. Serve warm and add your favorite fruit mix and lightly drizzle with maple syrup.
*GarFava Bean Flour is a mix of garbanzo and fava beans. It is very high in protein. It can be hard on the digestive system, so introduce it slowly. You can find this bean flour at your local natural foods stores.