5 Healthy Thanksgiving TipsRead Now
Thanksgiving has arrived and you’re wondering how you can still meet your Nutrition goals during the holiday?
Here are 5 healthy Thanksgiving tips that may help.
1. Eat well-balanced meals throughout the day. Trying to save all your calories until you eat mom’s famous turkey & traditional stuffing dinner? Think twice! Eating a balanced breakfast and lunch will keep you full and help make good food decisions throughout the day and until that delicious turkey dinner that you’ve been excited for.
2. Keep yourself hydrated with water. Keeping yourself hydrated with water helps you feel satiated and prevents you from overeating. Water is a better choice than soda and sugary fruit juices.
3. Ditch the skin. Remove the skin from the turkey meat before eating. Although the skin provides flavour, it’s high in fat and can raise cholesterol levels which is not good for a healthy heart.
4. Choose a variety of colourful vegetables and portion half of your plate with them. Vegetables provide a good source of fibre. They keep you full and can also prevent you from overeating.
5. Say yes to dessert! Absolutely, you can have a sweet treat. Why not?! You have eaten a well balanced meal prior, so go ahead and have mamma’s homemade pumpkin or apple pie with a dollop of whip cream or scoop of ice cream. Remember Thanksgiving is a celebration of being grateful and thankful. It’s a blessing to be around your family & friends to enjoy delicious food at the table.