This creamy hot chocolate is made with almond milk and just three other ingredients. It’s best made on the stove and will take you about 5-8 minutes to make.
(Recipe serves 1)
1 cup of unsweetened chocolate almond milk
1 tsp of unsweetened cocoa powder
1 Tbsp of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/8 tsp of peppermint extract
1. In a saucepan, heat the almond milk on the stove at medium-high heat. Stir occasionally with a whisk.
2. Add cocoa powder, chocolate chips and peppermint extract. Stir occasionally until chocolate chips have melted and cocoa powder has dissolved.
3. Transfer carefully to a drinking cup. (Optional, add whipping cream on top).
Enjoy the comfort & not so sweet cup of hot chocolate while reading a book.
Nutrition: 1 svg: 101 Calories | 8 g CHO | 3 g PRO | 7 g Fat
Sweet Chili Shrimp Appetizer
This is a must try recipe for any occasion. Like many of my recipes they are easy to make!
Check it out and let me know what you think.
1 x bag of 31/40 shrimp, deveined (~ a 300g bag)
1 tsp of minced garlic
1/4 tsp of smoked paprika
1/4 tsp of red chili flakes
2 Tbsp of olive oil
2 Tbsp of lemon juice
Dash of salt
Sliced cucumbers and enough to put one shrimp on top of the cucumber
Sauce to Garnish:
1/4 cup of Apricot Preserves
1/4 cup of Sweet chili sauce
2 Tbsp of fresh lemon
1. Thaw shrimp as directed on package. Once thawed, remove shell & tail.
2. Combine garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and all spices in a mixing bowl. Mix seasonings and add the shrimp to the bowl. Cover & marinade for about 3-4 hours in the fridge.
3. As the shrimp marinades, you can prep the garnishing sauce. Mix the apricot preserves, sweet chili sauce and lemon juice. Cover & set aside in the fridge until ready to serve.
4. When the shrimp has marinated, add a tablespoon of olive oil to a cooking pan. Preheat pan to medium heat. Add shrimp and cook for a couple of minutes per side until firm and pink or until 165’F has been reached. Place them in a bowl and lightly sprinkle a few more red chili flakes on top & mix.
5. Arrange the individually sliced cucumbers on a platter. Put one cooked shrimp on top of the cucumber. Once finished, drizzle a little of the garnishing sauce on top of shrimp. Serve immediately & Enjoy!
Nutritional: 209 Calories | 18g PRO | 13g CHO | 7g Fat
Quick Tip: This sauce tastes great with chicken wings & chicken tenders.