Top 5 Nutrition tips for 2013Read Now
Happy New Year!
Just want to keep all of you in line and help to set you up for the new year! Here are some nutrition tips that I would like you to consider in 2013:
1. Increase Fibre! Eeat more fibrous foods like apples, carrots, beans, and whole grains. Most of us don't get enough fibre in our regular diet. Fibre helps move things along, it helps lower cholesterol, and it keeps us full.
2. Limit your sugar intake! Got a sweet tooth? Eat more fresh or dried fruits. Fruit has natural sugars that will help keep your cravings in check. It's great to add to cereals, or yogurt.
3. Watch your sodium intake! Your body does need sodium to function, but too much sodium can lead to high blood pressure. To control your sodium intake learn to read labels, use spices instead of salt to flavour your foods, and limit the use of processed foods.
4. Prep your meals! Pick a couple of recipes to make for the week that are easy to freeze like chili or banana bran muffins. Having healthy foods on hand will help to save your sanity on those days when you're stuck thinking "there's nothing to eat here!" or "I don't have time!"
5. Water, water, water! It blows my mind how many people forget to drink water (I too have to remind myself!). If you are having a hard time drinking water, just make sure that half of your fluid intake is, to quote Adam Sandler's hilarious The Waterboy, "some high quality H20!" Drink at least 2-3 litres a day, or more if you're working out.
Keep these tips in mind for the new year, and the new healthy you!
Leave a Reply.