Easy recipes at its best! This light dish made with puff pastry, tomatoes, red onion, an egg, and Dijon mustard was easy to prepare and absolutely delicious! It’s literally one of those dishes that would compliment any source of protein that you prefer.
2 frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
1 medium tomato cut into slices, and halved, and about 8 cherry tomatoes cut in half
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
Dash of salt & pepper to taste
1/4 of red onion, thinly sliced and separated
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. On a clean surface, lightly flour your counter. Roll out the pastry dough out to about approximately 12 x 15 rectangle. Place on the prepared pan and crimp about a 1/2-inch border with a fork.
4. Whisk one egg with 1 tablespoon of water, and brush the pastry dough all over. Then, take a fork & prick the inside of the tart in several places. Par-bake until lightly browned and slightly cook the center for about 12-15 minutes. Let it cool slightly. (Note: if your pastry rises, keep letting it cool or take your fork and lightly pierce it to help rise down).
5. Meanwhile, cut your tomatoes & gently squeeze the tomatoes to help remove the seeds, and any excess liquid there may be.
6. Spread the mustard on the par-baked crust pastry evenly, then layer the tomatoes on top. Season with salt & pepper, and then top with sliced red onion & thyme.
7. Cook until the tomatoes are softened and the crust is cooked through in the centre, for about 20-25 minutes.
Enjoy with your choice of lean meat or the dish by itself topped with crumbled feta cheese.
Nutrition per serving & without feta:
232 Calories |19g CHO |4g Pro |15g Fat |2g Fibre
Recipe makes approximately 6-8 servings
Leave a Reply.