Sweet Chili Shrimp AppetizerRead Now
Sweet Chili Shrimp Appetizer
This is a must try recipe for any occasion. Like many of my recipes they are easy to make!
Check it out and let me know what you think.
1 x bag of 31/40 shrimp, deveined (~ a 300g bag)
1 tsp of minced garlic
1/4 tsp of smoked paprika
1/4 tsp of red chili flakes
2 Tbsp of olive oil
2 Tbsp of lemon juice
Dash of salt
Sliced cucumbers and enough to put one shrimp on top of the cucumber
Sauce to Garnish:
1/4 cup of Apricot Preserves
1/4 cup of Sweet chili sauce
2 Tbsp of fresh lemon
1. Thaw shrimp as directed on package. Once thawed, remove shell & tail.
2. Combine garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and all spices in a mixing bowl. Mix seasonings and add the shrimp to the bowl. Cover & marinade for about 3-4 hours in the fridge.
3. As the shrimp marinades, you can prep the garnishing sauce. Mix the apricot preserves, sweet chili sauce and lemon juice. Cover & set aside in the fridge until ready to serve.
4. When the shrimp has marinated, add a tablespoon of olive oil to a cooking pan. Preheat pan to medium heat. Add shrimp and cook for a couple of minutes per side until firm and pink or until 165’F has been reached. Place them in a bowl and lightly sprinkle a few more red chili flakes on top & mix.
5. Arrange the individually sliced cucumbers on a platter. Put one cooked shrimp on top of the cucumber. Once finished, drizzle a little of the garnishing sauce on top of shrimp. Serve immediately & Enjoy!
Nutritional: 209 Calories | 18g PRO | 13g CHO | 7g Fat
Quick Tip: This sauce tastes great with chicken wings & chicken tenders.
Leave a Reply.