Spanish OmeletteRead Now
An easy recipe to make and plenty of leftovers for future meals. Love this recipe as it contains muscle building ingredients and packed with energy for those workouts!
3 Golden Yukon Potatoes, first cut in halves, then cut into 3 parts, and sliced
1 small diced onion, sliced
2-3 Tbsp of Olive Oil
2 cups of Cress greens
6 eggs, scrambled
1/4 tsp of paprika
Dash of Salt & pepper in the scrambled eggs
2 cups of shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Prepare Potatoes. Clean them, cut them in half, then cut the halved potato in 3 sections. Start slicing, but not too thick & not too thin. (Roughly about less than 1/8 of an inch).
2. Slice your onions. In a separate bowl, scramble your eggs and add a dash of salt and pepper along with 1/4 teaspoon of paprika.
3. Preheat non-stick pan to medium high heat, and add olive oil. Add your potatoes and onions. Cook for about 20-25 minutes while continuously stirring.
4. Add the cress greens, and cook until wilted. You can add spinach, but I found the cress greens balanced the flavour of the dish with a light peppery taste.
5. Transfer the cooked potato mix to the bowl of scrambled egg. Mix it thoroughly until potato is cover with the eggs.
6. Add the 2 cups of shredded Parmesan cheese and mix thoroughly.
7. Transfer the mixture back to the non-stick pan, and spread evenly fitting the pan. Cook for 5 minutes. Then, take a plate (smaller in diameter of the cooking pan), and put it on top of the omelette to help flip and cook the other side. Once flipped, cook the other side of the omelette for another 5 minutes.
8. With a thermometer, cook omelette to an internal temperature of 165’F has been reached or until egg is fully cooked and fluffy.
9. Transfer omelette to a clean dish, cut into pie shape portions, and serve with grilled asparagus and/or sautéed mushrooms on top. Enjoy!
Nutrition: Approx. 1 serving
341 Calories | 16g CHO | 20g Pro | 22g Fat | 2g Fibre
Leave a Reply.