Filipino Garlic Fried Rice with egg is one of my favourite Filipino go-to food items. Like all my other recipes, it’s super easy and quick to prepare.
2 tsp of olive oil
2 tsp of minced garlic
3 cups of cooked rice
salt and pepper to taste
1 stalk of green onion, chopped and used for garnish
1. Heat stove to medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil to your wok or skillet.
2. Add garlic and sauté until a golden brown and set aside.
3. Add the other teaspoon of olive oil to the wok or skillet. Keep heat at medium-high. First add the egg and scramble to cook in the skillet or wok. Then, add the rice, mix it and break up the rice with your cooking utensil. Add a dash of salt and pepper to taste. Continue to cook and stir for 10 minutes until rice has heated evenly.
4. Add the cooked garlic to the rice and mix evenly.
5. Transfer the mixed rice to a serving plate and garnish with green onion. Enjoy!
Nutrition for 1 Serving:
335 Calories | 45g CHO | 8g PRO | 13g Fat